We use a wide range of techniques in the work we undertake:
- Banking and characterisation of hESCs and hiPSCs
- Manual culture of hESCs and hiPSCs on feeder cells and transfer to feeder free conditions for scalable cell production
- Genetic engineering using recombinant lentiviral vectors (viral production, purification, cell transduction and production of cell lines)
- Genetic engineering using engineered nucleases (ZFNs and TALENs) and RNA-guided nucleases (based on the CRISPR/Cas9 system)
- Microinjection of RNA, DNA and recombinant proteins.