- Liaising with the Laboratory Management Team to ensure supplies, and to assist with the development and implementation of Chemical laboratory systems and facilities
- Monitoring and conducting routine maintenance of laboratory equipment/instrumentation
- Monitoring stocks of laboratory resources, consumables, solvents, and PPE, restocking and reordering as required
- Ensuring clean, tidy, and safe work areas
- Maintaining LC-MS and NMR systems and assisting with method development, method verification/validation, as required
- Providing analytical troubleshooting support for investigations which require non routine / specialised services
- Implementing and maintaining a system for CeTPD compound management and chemical databases
- Using initiative to suggest areas where the efficiency of running the chemistry laboratory can be improved.
- Perform routine synthetic and analytical chemistry experiments, as per required and following discussion with CeTPD leadership.
Informal enquiries may be made to Prof. Alessio Ciulli, e-mail email@example.com
About the Centre for Targeted Protein Degradation (CeTPD)
Within the University of Dundee, the newly announced Centre for Targeted Protein Degradation (CeTPD) due to open in mid 2022 is being created as a first of its kind Centre leading a number of internationally significant projects. The goal of CeTPD is to innovate the next-generation of small-molecule platforms and modalities to advance chemical and biological insights and therapeutic targets related to human diseases. It aspires to achieve this by openly collaborating with academic, industrial and venture partners, and by inspiring the next-generation of research scientists and leaders.
The University of Dundee main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city.
Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB